Talk to Brent:

Picture
I didn't have a lot of free time for art today, though I did draw during a nasty traffic jam on my way home from work. It was pretty dark and I only drew when traffic was stopped. It's not very impressive, but Erika says it goes well with my fortune--which I attached to the pic!

Today's question is: Who is your favorite villain?
This time it doesn't have to be related to super heroes. There are great villains in almost every story. I especially like the evil-mastermind types that scheme and watch from a distance and send their lackeys to do their dirty work. They also talk to themselves and/or monologue excessively. Maybe that comes from all the Saturday morning cartoons I used to watch. Skeletor from He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is my absolute favorite, but I could list at least twenty other similar villains that I hope to be like someday...

Comments

Steven Walters
12/10/2013 11:15pm

Kefka. One of the only villains I know that wins.

12/10/2013 11:25pm

Nice! He has the best laugh! But you totally spoiled the ending for me! I haven't finished that game yet. Now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever finished a Final Fantasy game!

And speaking of villains that win, Erika says Doctor Horrible is her favorite!

Steven Walters
12/10/2013 11:40pm

<3 Dr. Horrible

Missvirginia
12/11/2013 11:19am

Joker, hands-down, as portraited in Batman: The Animated Series. Mark Hamill brought that character to life. I'm so sad he quit, but my sister knows some folks who knows his replacement, and he, my sister's friend, heard him, the new guy, acting he almost cried tears of joy. XD
Other favourites are Maleficent from Disney's Sleeping Beauty, Yzma from Emperor's New Groove (and School on Disney Channel), and Loki as portrayed by Tom Hiddleston--just masterful work there. Oh, Scar was fantastic from Lion King, and I think I should stop now. XD

12/11/2013 1:49pm

You don't have to stop! But I know what you mean, there are just as many great villains out there as heroes (maybe more)! Mark Hamill's Joker is perfection! I remember being so surprised when I found out it was him! I haven't heard the new guy's work either, but I've read good reviews.

As for the others: I completely agree with you! I especially love Yzma and her evil schemes! "Or, to save on postage..."

Missvirginia
12/16/2013 10:43am

"I'll just poison him with this!" "Take it Kronk, feel it's power" "Oh yeah, I can feel it." XD

12/11/2013 3:40pm

Magneto is one of my favorite all time villains because he has a goal that he is passionate about, and has twisted into something dark. He is the reflection of the X-Men, who fight against oppression with hope and tolerance. He fights against oppression with oppression.

But I also like to think of another type of villain. The favorite one to hate. In that case it's Yoshikage Kira from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. He has no goal. He just want to live a boring life, and occasionally get off by murdering women.

12/11/2013 3:58pm

Hi Bruce! Thanks for visiting and commenting! I agree with you about Magneto--he often comes close to being the hero, but is willing to do anything to reach his goals. I'm not familiar with Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, but I must admit I find serial killers fascinating and I have a dachshund named Jojo (who gets off by murdering grasshoppers)!

04/25/2016 12:29am

I seen a movie which name is Villain and in this movie it shows about the real man and villain. So you also shared the same article on the villain and it is very similar to the movie. I liked your article because it has more values and ethics then the movie.

05/21/2017 11:20pm

No doubt! Skeletor is my favorite villain. He was a successful villain and also he was the best comedian too. I like the combination of both cruel and comic factors of the villain character. I am expecting more interesting posts here!