Talk to Brent:

Picture
This little drawing is one that my wife Erika requested. She always says that the hardest thing for her to believe about Spider-Man is that he sews his own costumes--and I can't blame her for being skeptical!

Another of my favorite art forms is animation! There are so many great movies and tv shows that utilize animation to tell fantastic stories. I could make a long list of favorites, but one animated tv series that I highly recommend is Samurai Jack. It features great creatures, robots, and aliens, creative uses of the medium, and it's also tons of fun!

I'd love to hear what some of your favorite animated features are--whether tv or movie format. Thanks!

Comments

Steven Walters
12/12/2013 6:13pm

Swat Kats, Young Justice, and Spectacular Spider-Man. All three were cancelled after two seasons when they deserved a thousand. I hate executive decision makers.

12/14/2013 10:07am

Too many good shows don't last as long as they should, and other shows end going on for way too long! I was so sad about Spectacular Spider-Man being cancelled. I love the character designs of Young Justice, but I haven't watched it yet. And I seriously need to check out Swat Kats since you love it so much and I somehow missed out on it as a child!

Trisha Walters
12/15/2013 1:14am

Spectacular Spider-Man was completely fantastic. I really enjoyed Darker than Black, and I will always have a love for Avatar - The Last Airbender.

12/16/2013 1:35pm

I also love Avatar The Last Airbender! I'd never heard of Darker than Black, but I read a little about it and now I definitely want to see it!

Trish
12/31/2013 7:48pm

You should watch it - its very good.

Missvirginia
12/28/2013 11:40am

Omgosh, I loved too many series as a kid. Batman: The Animated Series, Spider-Man ('94 TV Series), X-Men ('92 TV Series), Swat Kats, Powerpuff Girls, SAMURAI JACK, Dexter's Laboratory, Speed Racer, Sailor Moon, Dragonball Z, Static Shock, Fillmore!, Recess, Doug, Arthur, Freakazoid, I could go on. Seriously, can you tell I watched too much television growing up? Oh, oh, wait, I can't forget: Thunder, Thunder, Thunder Cats HOOOOOOO! XD

12/28/2013 11:54am

Ha ha! I obviously watched too much tv as well, because I have watched and love almost all of those too (and many, many more)! My only regret is that I have not seen Swat Kats! Maybe I can find it online somewhere?

09/14/2015 2:32pm

This post is fantastic, Great to visit here, Excellent work this is.

The works and tasks of the right side are produced and invoked. It is the estimated and organized form of the betterment and efficiency it is done and adjusted with the right and exact conceptions. It is informed and invoked. It is the measured and performed nature of the times. It is the floating and changing element and tendency of the blogs and all links.

This picture is funny. I like it.

Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates.